Family Preparedness

When I'm feeling overwhelmed one thing that really helps me is to write down a list of the things I need to do. It helps me to know that it's written down somewhere and I don't have to try to do it all at once. And who doesn't love the satisfaction of checking off boxes on a to-do list?

One of the things I that overwhelms me is preparedness. Thinking about natural disasters, family emergency plans and food storage makes me feel panicky. For that reason, I have put our family preparedness off. We have 72-hour kits and food storage, but we're not as prepared as we could be. This past Sunday we had a great sacrament meeting on preparedness and I felt that I should try to tackle our family preparedness again--this time without the panicky feeling.

I decided to write up a family preparedness checklist. I included spiritual preparedness because that's important too. No one wants to dwell on disasters and things that could go wrong, but being wise and preparing for the worst brings a sense of peace and calm. I'm sharing this checklist with you because it helped me to see that we were doing better than I thought we were and it helped us to identify where we needed to focus our efforts next.

So print this checklist, laminate it, and stick it on your fridge. Pull it out once every couple of months for FHE and evaluate where your family is on this preparedness checklist.





Comments

Popular Posts