Look For the Good



In my study this morning, I read President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's message in the March Ensign about looking for the good. This has been one of my personal mantra's for a while now, but I find myself slipping in this pursuit more often than I should. I decided that I am going to start keeping my own version of a gratitude journal where I write down the good things that happened that day or the good I've discovered about a person in my life. It is so easy to focus on the things that bother you or are causing you heartache. But it's better to focus on the good because there is good all around that can be found. As President Uchtdorf put it:

Have you ever noticed that people can usually find whatever they are looking for? Look hard enough, and you can discover both good and bad in almost anyone and anything.
So that is my new challenge this month~starting the month of August. I am going to look for the good, look for the shining moments, look for the miracles, look for the redeeming qualities in people. 

Comments

Kaela said…
Great photo of your girl! I like the message of your post! (:

Popular Posts