Our Life; Bliss in Imperfection

After reading a post by Your Homebased Mom about embracing your hectic, sometimes messy life and home (well let's be honest, most of the time it's that way) because in her words, "[i]t means someone lives there and that’s a very good thing!" This is coming from a soon-to-be empty-nester, so she means it when she says they grow up fast! Time to time I find myself getting caught up in the thick of thin things, without God's eternal perspective and forget to pause and soak in the moment. I think it's important to pause and reflect upon the blessings of today. In one of my favorite books, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson, he gently reminds us:
"Often we allow ourselves to get all worked up about things that, upon closer examination, aren't really that big a deal. We focus on little problems and blow them out of proportion. ... Whether we had to wait in line, listen to unfair criticism, or do the lion's share of the work, it pays enormous dividends if we learn not to worry about little things. So many people spend so much of their life energy 'sweating the small stuff' that they completely lose touch with the magic and beauty of life."
And another beautiful reminder from an unknown source:
"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
So today I am pausing, slowing down, and paying my thanks to a loving Father in Heaven who has blessed me with such a sweet and imperfect life...

Here are some of my blessings, in no particular order that I am grateful for Today...
I'm grateful for spring:

These beautiful white tulips are the first of my tulips to bloom. They symbolize the hope of Spring to me.

My lilacs are in bloom! When we first moved here, this lilac bush was very comforting to me. This because my great-grandmother who was very dear to me, had gorgeous lilac bushes in front of her house. It was as if she was smiling down from heaven with this little token of her love...

These tulips are so unique, this is the first year I've seen them in my yard! I had to cut them and bring them inside where I could see them all day! They are already starting to wilt~but that's the way of all beauty~we are graced with it but for a moment.



One lonely purple tulip amongst weeds...

Our grapevine in bloom!

I'm grateful for a "well-lived in," far from perfect, cozy house:

One day I will miss finding surprises when I go to take a shower. "Houston, we have a problem! Man down, I said, MAN DOWN!"

I am thankful for half-eaten treats and full bellies.
It's true, my pillows spend more time on the floor than where they belong...I'm just grateful there's no jelly on them...today! ;)
Ky's sleeping blankey, evidence of last night's invasion...and in secret, I really don't mind snuggling and sharing the bed with my kids because someday they will be too big to do so.

I'm grateful for tiny little dirty hands:


Lily's favorite pastime, driving her "Ca." Messy hair, dirty little fingers...a happy girl at play.

Bug finding



Speaking of bugs, this quote from A Bug's Life, is particularly fitting today, "...that's our lot in life. It's not a lot, but it's our life." And it's a good life.

Comments

Kaela said…
I love those green blossoms on that tree, they smell the best, like green apple. The kids are precious.
MrsBliss said…
Thanks @951a89c284407d54e976c673be71ab7c, love you! I'm grateful for you as well! :D
Tbsmallfrye said…
Beautiful photography!  And the kids look so cute!  Where's Sam?

Popular Posts