The Wow Facter & My Dining Room

Fort Worth Home via The Semi-designed Life

 
I am a big believer that every room needs a "wow factor," that one item that really pops and people ask "where did you get that!?" For the room above, I think the wow factor is the chandelier and the chairs. Those glamorous elements paired with a rustic farm table is just so perfect. Some rooms have more than one wow factor, but every room needs at least one thing like that. Right now I am looking for a wow factor for my dining room. At first I was thinking of painting it navy, but after reading that the blue would make my wood cabinets POP, I thought, the last thing I needed was for my cabinets to pop. I need them to blend or disappear all together. Painting them white is not an option since we'll be moving this summer and wood cabinets are really popular around here.

Here is my dining room as is with no wow factor and just kind of boring:
 I would like to add some color here, not sure what yet. Maybe stripes? Maybe wallpaper? I have to keep in mind that we are selling this summer, so it can't be too over the top, even if it is amazing, your average home buyer around here wants beige walls and RC Willey home furnishings. So I'm going to have to sit on this one for a while. Meanwhile, any input or ideas would be awesome! Add your ideas below in the comment section.

Comments

Popular Posts