Minamilism or Maximalism

Although Maximalism sounds like a made-up word, I did not invent that term, I found it used in a recent Apartment Therapy post, and if you want to know what Wiki has to say about it:
  
Maximalist is a quality of excessive redundancy oft exhibited by way of the overt accumulation of appurtenances that reflect current society. In other references the term refers to either the ostentatious displays of the extensive possessions of the super-rich or the obsessive collecting as frequently found in the behavior of garage sale shoppers who accumulate common household goods past reason.

Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but I guess, that is the point of it, isn't it? Over the top and quirky? Well, being the peacemaker that I am, (those that know me are laughing...) I can honestly say that I am somewhere in the middle of the two. I can't pull off minimalism because I have kids and a small hoarding tendency. And that hoarding tendency would place me alongside those "garage sale shoppers who accumulate common household goods past reason."

But, in all honesty, I really don't like the visual overload of maximalism. So here are two examples for you to battle it out yourself:

Maximalism From Miles Redd
From Miles Redd
From this blog


Comments

Popular Posts